Pork, Recipes, Seasonal Recipes
Pork Tacos with Black Beans
Time taken to prepare: 20-25 minutes
Serves: 4-6 people
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 -ounce can black beans (do not drain)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add half of the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the beans and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat, sprinkle with the cheese and cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, the remaining garlic, half of the red onion, the cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, until the pork is browned, about 5 minutes; transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the skillet. Add the bell pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Return the pork to the skillet; add a splash of water, and salt and pepper to taste.
Fill the tortillas with the pork and vegetable mixture. Serve with the beans. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped onion.