Crockpot Turkey with Garlic
Preparation time: 4-5hrs / Serves 6 persons
- 4 lbs turkey thighs and breast, skin removed
- Salt and pepper
- Spices to your liking e.g. thyme, rosemary etc.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season turkey with salt, pepper and spices
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add turkey and brown for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place turkey parts in slow cooker; add remaining ingredients
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or until turkey parts are cooked through.
- Remove garlic cloves from pot. Mash a few and return to the slow cooker, if desired.
- Serve turkey with mash potatoes and Corn on the Cobb or vegetables