Eggs, Recipes, Vegetarian
Festive Stuffed Eggs
- 6 large hard-cooked eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1/4 cup or finely chopped ham (substitute with turkey or shredded chicken if you do not eat ham)
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place half the yolks in a medium bowl and mash with fork (set the other half aside and store properly for later use).
- Add the ham (chicken or turkey), red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, nutmeg, and parsley to the yolks and blend well with a fork. Add pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture evening among the 12 egg white halves.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for 15 minutes and then serve