- 6 medium potatoes; boiled, peeled, and sliced into cubes
- 1 4lb Chicken cut into pieces @ Massy Stores get US CHICKEN LEG QTRS JUMBO PK: Was: $28.99, Now $24.99, Save $4.00
- 1 cup peas and carrots @ Massy Stores Great offer on CUISINE PEAS AND CARROTS: Now: $5.59
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn @ Massy Stores Great offer on CUISINE WHOLE KERNEL CORN: Now $5.49
- 7 to 8 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Season chicken with desired seasoning
- Heat a frying pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
- Meanwhile, dip the chicken in beaten egg and dredge in flour. Once the oil becomes hot, pan fry each side of the chicken in medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Place in a plate to cool down. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add-in the potatoes, corn and peas and carrots. Toss.
- Cover potato salad and refrigerate before serving
- Serve with fried chicken and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound of meat
- 2 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 14-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Combine salsa and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add meaty (minced turkey, beef or chicken; whatever your preference) and cook, stirring often and crumbling with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beans, cumin and chili powder; cook, stirring, until the tomatoes begin to break down, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in cilantro and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture.
- Add lettuce to the remaining salsa mixture in the bowl; toss to coat. To serve, divide the lettuce among 4 plates, top with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheese and tortilla strips.
FRUIT SALAD YOGURT DRESSING
- 1 1/3 cup yogurt
- 4-5 pkg. Equal sweetener
- 5 tsp. lemon juice
– Mix all ingredients thoroughly
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 (8 1/4 oz.) cans pineapple chunks, chilled & drained
- 2 red apples, washed & sliced: At Massy Stores Save $1.00
- 1 1/2 c. fruit salad yogurt dressing (recipe above)
- 8 lettuce leaves
– Mix fruits and lettuce together.
– Refrigerate mixture until chilled
– Pour dressing over mixture.