Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwich
Time to prepare: 14hrs , Serves: 6
- 5 pounds boneless pork shoulder or butt
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl mix the onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, ground pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add pork pieces into the mixing bowl and toss well to cover the meat from all sides. Cover with a lid and marinate by keeping in the refrigerator for 1 – 2 hours.
- Transfer the marinated meat into a slow cooker and cook on low heat setting for about 8 – 10 hours.
- Transfer the meat into a cutting board and shred into pieces by using fork; discard excess fat parts (if any). Then place the shredded pieces back to the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix barbecue sauce and beef broth; pour into the slow cooker and cook for another 2 hours. With a spoon transfer the pulled pork on hamburger buns and serve.